WELCOME!

Welcome! Don't be shy...Leave comments! We love to hear from you!



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Am Resolved

The words of ths old hymn have been running through my head so much lately (esecially the first verse)...they sum up pretty well how i feel about leaving the few worldly goods we have and taking our family to the jungles of PNG...



I am resolved, no longer to linger
charmed by the worlds delight,
Things that are higher, things that are nobler,
these have allured my sight.
(refrain)
I will hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free;
Jesus, greatest highest, i will come to thee
.
I am resolved to go to the savior,
leaving my sin and strife;
He is the true One, He is the just One;
He hath the words of life.
I will hasten to him, hasten so glad and free;
Jesus greatest highest, i will come to the.

I am resolved to follow the Savior,
faithful and true each day;
heed what he sayeth, do what he willeth;
He is the living way.

I am resolve dto enter the kingdom,
leaving the paths of sin;
friends may oppose me, foes may beset me;
still will i enter in.

I am resoved and who will go with me?
Come friends without delay,
taught by the Bible, led by the Spirit,
we'll walk the hevenly way.
I will hasten to Him, hasten so glad and free;
Jesus greatest highest, i will come to thee.

                               (by Fanny Crosby)



Hear me people! Jesus said Himself in Matthew 19:21 when asked speciffically by a rich young ruler how to obtain eternal life "If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possesions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."
Now this is where we lose most comfortable Americans. i do NOT believe this is figurative like most of us want to think. the common teaching is that this means you can't love your stuff more than God. that makes us feel better- but check this out-
"when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property."(v.22)
You see? there had not been 2000 years of watered down theology to lessen the blow of what Jesus had just told him. and this man knew...it cost too much. He looked into the face of Jesus and knew this wasn't up for discussion...but Jesus i won't love my stuff like i love you!  nope. he walked away. and Jesus said;
"Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."(v.23, 24)
Even the disciples were astonished.

Please don't let the world's delights charm you in to missing the joy of  following Christ! Be FREE!
Give it away! Come follow Him!

   




2 comments:

Holly said...

In my head, this song is always in your Dad's voice. And...you made me cry this morning, speaking right to my heart. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

no problem getting on the web site