WELCOME!

Welcome! Don't be shy...Leave comments! We love to hear from you!



Friday, September 2, 2011

how’s the house? part 2

33weeks 008

     I know I did the kitchen yesterday but I just found this picture of me hanging cabinets. Again, I need to apologize for the following pictures ( I am not the best photographer in the family).

house 020

     This is the closet in the master bedroom. The area to the left will be where the bed will go. The closet and the space for the bed beside it were part of the veranda before. I closed it in and added the closet. Storage is something that all the houses at POC are lacking. You can kinda see the shelving system that I built inside. When you have a family the size of ours you have to have a place to put everything or you will be buried in a matter of minutes.

IMG_2761

     This is the closet for the boys room. Their room was a little more complete before we left. It definitely had the most work left to do. It will be a bright blue color. The name of the color is “commander blue” I can’t think of a much better name for the color of a boys room.

IMG_2769

     This is the outside of the section that we just added. The new section starts on the right of the window on the front and runs out to the end. Again we finished a good bit more before we came to Cairns. There is now a covered front porch, the gutters and painting are finished, the power is connected to the house,& there is a concrete slab at the end of the house where an outside sink and the gas bottle will sit.

    I have left a list of stuff that needs to be finished. The guys will be working on it while we are here. I can’t wait to see what it will look like when we get back.

 

matt

No comments: