WELCOME!

Welcome! Don't be shy...Leave comments! We love to hear from you!



Thursday, September 22, 2011

When it rains it pours!!

belly38weeks 041

     I guess I’ll start at the beginning. Before we left the States we all went to see a dentist in Spartanburg. He said that I had a molar that needed some work. However, there wasn’t enough time for him to do it. So he said that when we reached PNG we needed to find someone to work on it. After we finished our training we went to Ukarumpa (the largest mission center in the world). There was a Papua New Guinean dentist there. I went to see him and he started the work but we left to go be on staff at POC. He said when we were able to come back he would finish. But while we were in Madang I got an email from him saying that he was leaving to go to school and he would not be able to finish. I didn’t have much option but to wait.

     Fortunately, I didn’t have any problems with it until we got here. A couple of days ago it started getting really painful. It kept me up last night for a while so I decided that I’d go see the dentist today.

     She gave me the bad news. I needed a root canal and a crown or I could get the tooth pulled. Seems like a no brainer right, who would get their tooth pulled out? Well, the root canal is a little over $2000 Australian dollars while the extraction is just over $200 Australian dollars.

     This is a tough one. We are already in a tight place with the upcoming birth so we are weighing what to do. I really don’t want to loose my tooth but if that is what we can afford then that is what we will be doing. Please, pray that God will make it obvious what we should do and that the pain will subside until I can get the work done. Also, she found two other cavities that I will have to get taken care of.

matt

1 comment:

Carol Dizbon said...

God bless you all, Matt and family! I know your pain with an abcessed molar. Hurt all June and half of July until I had the wisdom tooth out! The dentist couldn't really tell which of my molars really were hurting and infected. My whole right lower jaw hurt all the time. Much better after a week or two after the extraction. I know you all are young, but sometimes a tooth taken out is the best answer. It does cost so much for root canal and crowns. We will continue to pray for you and your family! Keep us in touch! We are at New Life, in Union, SC where Shep used to be preacher. Prayers and blessings to you all! Carol Dizbon