WELCOME!

Welcome! Don't be shy...Leave comments! We love to hear from you!



Friday, September 25, 2009

weary


as i type i am holed up in a 2 bedroom appartment in wake forest, nc with 5 children on a rainy afternoon. we are on the road again. oh how weary i am of traveling -running the roads in our too small minivan. exhausted. i long so much for a home right now. somewhere that is familiar and ours to do what we want to with. my boys desperately want to build a tree house. mae wants polka dot walls. the baby needs a predictable routine. i just really want enough closets for our clothes and sheets and stuff. none of this is going to happen any time soon so i am trying to become an expert at contentment. sometimes i ask myself why we are living like this- why are we dragging our children through this gypsy life? the truth is (and i mean this in the most unreligious way) that i care more about obeying GOD than i do my own comfort most of the time... anyway would you please pray for our family? that we will finish this race even stronger than we started. that we will be energized anew. that GOD's love will shine through us...

2 comments:

hmk said...

praying for you guys tiff!

Just to let you know I envy your life. I know I shouldn't envy. But I would love to live the gypsy life fully relying on God. Not counting homeschooling and spending time with my children.

"all you who are weary, come to me and I will give you rest."

much love~

the croslands said...

thanks heather! love you~xo