WELCOME!

Welcome! Don't be shy...Leave comments! We love to hear from you!



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Look at the birds of the air…

      First, I would like to say please bare with us. We would like to blog more but the internet situation is much more difficult here than in Ukarumpa. In the last seven days we have had internet for about 3 of them. So, please know that we will post when we can.

       OK, the other day I was reflecting on our March newsletter and I thought that I would share this story with you. I know that some of you have heard it before, so sorry. Tiffany says I tell the same stories over and over again. This one changed my view of God so I think it bares repeating.

      Tiffany and I hiked about 800 miles on the Appalachian Trail for our honeymoon. There comes a time when your food intake doubles overnight. For us this happened on a particularly long stretch between towns.  We discovered one morning that we were out of food and we were about 3 days from the next town. So we sat down and prayed that God would provide for us. To be quite honest I didn’t know what I was asking him to do. I mean after all that would be like turning a couple loaves of bread into enough to feed thousands!

           We walked on that morning until we came to a shelter on the trail. We went to the shelter to sign the book that was inside. There in the floor of the shelter was a pile of food with a note that read, “If you need this take it.” It was awesome. We took the food, said a little thank you prayer, and went on. That whole day we kept coming across people who gave us food. We never mentioned that we needed food they just kept giving it. and it wasn’t just trail food- they were giving treasured things like candy bars too.

             By the time we reached town we had two extra days worth of food in our packs and I had a new perspective on who God was and the power he possessed. It is easy to forget that the creator of the universe can manipulate his creation. We have so many more stories just like this one where God has given us just what we needed when we needed it.

-matt

3 comments:

OneBigHappy said...

Very cool.

Annie said...

First of all, the fact that you both hiked 800 miles for your honeymoon is amazing enough! The provision that was left for you is SO awesome!!!

Daphne Woodall said...

Actually I had not heard this story and greatly appreciate it especially today as I wait to hear if you all are okay with the possible tsunami.

Thanks for sharing the story.