WELCOME!

Welcome! Don't be shy...Leave comments! We love to hear from you!



Friday, January 13, 2012

35.



.
i turned 35 last week. It wasn't as painful as i thought it would be. It does feel monumental. Like time to cut the crap. A friend gave me a card on my birthday. At the bottom she wrote-" Zep. 3:17". It didn't ring a bell really. When we got home and unpacked from our roadtrip i got out my trusty study Bible and looked it up...

For the LORD yur God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song.
Zephaniah 3:17

WooHOO!!! (THANK YOU, Jude!) She had no knowledge of what i've been going through...and i just thought this is so like my God- the way He works, the way He speaks through people to me. This is my verse for the year. i will roll it around and meditate on it and gain deeper understanding from it.

i can't put words to all that is growing in me now but these two words have sprung up for my 35th year... LOVE SIMPLE.

i am cleaning out. Letting go. Giving things away right and left- and already i feel lighter...

everything the eight of us have will fit in the back of a truck. WEEeee!

As some of you know- Matt's Mom has been fighting cancer. She is really sick. She told us she wants everyone to pray that her doctors can find a drug that will slow down the progression of her cancer as there doesn't seem to be any cure at this point. Will you pray for her? - and Matt's Dad too, who is working hard taking such good care of her.

i have almost given up on blogging as you have seen- but i do update our Facebook page almost daily. Check it out.

So there it is~ the year of letting go, LOVE SIMPLE, givin' it all away, and Zephaniah 3:17...

XOTiff

1 comment:

aglen said...

I missed your birthday. I love you! You are a true sister to me! A lover of Jesus, and a dear, good, honest, and faithful friend. Happy birthday! Jesus come quick so we can celebrate in heaven!